Yeah my kids learn leadership a bit differently. Volunteering regularly to the point of competency in the volunteering activity so that when new people join he takes on a leadership role and is asked to take on more and more responsibility.

In his sport we talk about what makes a good teammate and what makes a good leader. He has slowly risen through the ranks as a newbie to leadership (quiet leadership as opposed to cheerleader type leadership). You can count on him and he leads by example and the team depends on him. (Actually he is on two teams a club team and a school team). He also volunteers with the little guys on the club team and they just adore him. Later as they grow with the sport the coach will turn to him to offer the little guys extra encouragement and pep talks when they need it.

In school he just does his work quietly and gets excellent scores and is very quiet. When he does speak, people listen. When he does crack a joke it is powerful (because it will be extremely funny and unexpected). He is still learning about give and take In group academic projects, easier to just take over and do it his way.

But he would absolutely hate a contrived leadership camp. A technology camp with 4 projects and leadership opportunities...great. A camp where you work on national history day projects with leadership or partnership skills as a benefit fine. Model UN, some sort of state government camp...all good.

I guess I think you need a real activity that you are passionate about and not just leadership as the camp focus...you won't be a leader at every activity or project.

Just my opinion