The problems she is having with this leadership camp sounds similar to the problems my son has with group projects in 6th-8th grade. He wasn't very flexible and had a hard time working with the other students. This was a huge issue for him in 6th grade. I had though the emphasis on group activities in DS's 6th grade class would be very good for him, turned into a disaster.

How old is your DD? Sound like early teens? For my DS16 (soon to be a H.S. junior) this type of issue has gotten a lot better as he has matured. DS's 7th grade teacher found that carefully selection who DS had to work with helped as well as a bit more adult supervision and direction.

From what it sounds like this camp is trying to have students learn these skills from working things out on their own not by giving specific direction. And while this works for many students, others like your daughter need a more direct approach. Doesn't seem like this camp is good fit for your DD, I wouldn't make her continue. It may just be the other kids she has to work with. Did she know anyone else there? Did many of the other kids all know each other already? The group dynamic can be really affected by the cliquishness of this age group.

I got better as my kids got older at choosing good activities but it doesn't always work out. I personally think it's easier to teach leadership if you are DOING things you already enjoy. I enrolled both my kids in good acting classes in junior high. Process over project classes, that were more about teaching real acting than putting on a play. My son is in marching band, it's very organized yet the students learn a lot of leadership. The older students are expected to mentor and help the freshman, take on leadership roles even if they aren't formal, and be a good example for the younger students. My son has gone to a sleep away camp for years and this summer took their CIT training. My older DD was in girl scouts and leadership is a very important part of that program. I suggest trying a group that is multi-age, where older kids/teen help younger ones.

Good Luck.