I'm not even sure I remember DS milestones, only that they were within normal ranges--although I know he was much less physical than my other two children. smirk

I'm wondering if it's useful to report odd anecdotal things to neuropsych, since of course I've been reading like a maniac.

For example:
DS began reading simple words very young (2) but then stopped. He was an early reader but not exceptionally early.

DS was the world's easiest baby. Slept through the night extremely early, almost never cried, was content to sit and watch me, liked to sit and play (didn't get into things). I have read some ASD babies are like this. With the exception of loud, startling noises--which totally freaked him out (and still do).

One anecdotal thing I read (who knows where?) is that kids with ASD often control play with other children. I remember thinking it was very strange that DS would play with other children in ways that seemed to be imaginative, but he was the director. He would say: I will say [.......] and then you say [......]. Over and over and over. Fortunately for him, he had a younger sister who was compliant. smirk

He has been described as a Little Professor dozens and dozens of times by adults. I don't think he presents this way at school/with peers.

Also, something I'd forgotten: he used to have to "start over" many many times when he tried to express himself. Not quite a stutter, but similar. Like he'd get lost in the middle of a sentence, and began again, with EXACTLY the same words he'd used before, but adding on more each time (this was very exhausting to listen to).

He sucked his thumb and "flicked" his bellybutton simultaneously until about last year, when he was tired or anxious.

He was terrified of butterflies for a VERY long time (which I found hilarious and disturbing at the same time) and then moved on to bees. We have to re-acclimate every summer to the fear of stinging insects (he has never been stung).

He did not learn to tie his shoes until last year and it's still difficult for him.

He has periods of sleep disturbances (sleepwalking, terrors, other arousal disorder that includes picking at himself and mumbling, and also nighttime vomiting, cyclical, not viral).

I'm sure there are more. Are these things you would tell the neuropsych or will they just make me seem (more) neurotic?

I think most things I've attributed to his just being very asynchronous and a little odd.

UGH!