Originally Posted by DeeDee
You are doing a beautiful job.

The information will come in, and be informative (one hopes), and then some light will shine on the path ahead.
Today is the neuropsych eval--she said she will do it either in one long day or two, depending on DS. I still don't know what she's doing, other than ADOS.

Yesterday, in car, conversation with DS about math teacher. I told him she views his attitude as snarky, and asked him about the "commentary about problems/wording" on math assignments. He said there was a word problem that was essentially a very long run-on sentence (no punctuation), that ended with an exclamation mark. He found it funny, and thought he was being "friendly" by talking to her about it.

I asked if it was a problem she wrote, or a worksheet (trying to figure out why she was offended by that). He said it was a worksheet.

I know this is sorta hypersensitive (and somewhat OT) but it really bothers me that his behavior is "under the microscope" to that degree. Being attuned to such things (incorrect grammar, etc.) is a *gifted* characteristic--does she not even know that? (Rhetorical.)

I can't imagine explaining to my son that he is not welcome in his school environment--where he was placed bc of gifted ID--for exhibiting gifted behaviors.

I guess I should be happy this is the worst of it--but I'm not. Our new strategy is for him to "not even talk at all" with the two teachers who seem most hostile toward him. It doesn't seem to get under his skin, but it makes me feel sick.