Originally Posted by madeinuk
All this nonsense just reinforces my inclination to have DD go to uni outside of this country. A country that still has institutions of higher learning in which academic merit, a solid work ethic and passion about ideas are still valued.

Soon we will have to ! We came here for Higher institutions, great idea, great research...and I feel last 8 years the decline has been rapid with the push for equality at the cost of robbing the fruits of labor of handwork, intelligence and sacrifice...
By lower academic standards , you are making this country great ??? Alas !
Equality is Noble but for that you must enforce Equality in hard work and sacrifice (financial , emotional, social)

It just breaks my heart that now children who want to work hard and be smart/gifted...are no longer going to be rewarded !! I really thought that this administration knew better than to completely derail this country !

I refuse to lower the Bar for My kids - because we want to learn More and they are capable of learning more ! They value Knowledge more than the material bounties!

I have no problems with making the preparation for ACT/ Sat etc available for underprivileged kids ! That is leveling the playing field, don't lower the standards.

I am surprised that all this is going on unopposed !