Originally Posted by JonahSinick
@ Val — Thanks, these are interesting points.

Well, it seems so reasonable to think that the reading portion of the test would be g-loaded. But it's increasingly not (each successive iteration of the test seems to increase its penetration into the not category).

I agree with others about the essay being in disrepute and the grading being suboptimal. This blog post gives a wonderful summary of what's wrong with it. Here's an excerpt:

Originally Posted by SAT guru dude
In my May essay (reproduced in its entirety below), I stuck John Fitzgerald Kennedy in a Saxon war council during the middle ages, grappling with whether to invade the neighboring kingdom of Lilliput. Barrack Husein Obama shared a Basque prison cell with Winston Churchill, and the two inmates plotted to overthrow General Franco. Cincinnati’s own, Martin Luther King Jr. sought out a political apprenticeship with his mentor, Abraham James Lincoln, famed Ontario prosecutor.

As I was reading over my creation in the testing room, I was laughing to myself. If this gets through, anything can get through. Two weeks later, the scores were posted: again, the readers rewarded me with a perfect 12 on the essay, and I received a 2400 on the May test.