Oh boy. My favorite standardized test of all time was the GRE... the analytical portion. YAY!! I could have done those every weekend. Just for fun! {ahem} But apparently I was in a very tiny minority, judging from the cohort that I took the generals with-- they looked AWFULLY beat up after that section, and were consoling one another that most programs didn't look at your scores there.

Clearly they weren't STEM people, because au contraire... STEM programs LOVED that marker.

g-loaded? Oh, you bet they were.

David Coleman, president of the College Board, criticized his own test, the SAT and its main rival, the ACT, saying that both “have become disconnected from the work of our high schools.”

Um...

why align with HIGH SCHOOL curriculum rather than what colleges would like students to know??

Oh, wait. I know!! I know this one!!

Coleman... Coleman... where have I heard that name before?

Oh, right. Here.

I don't know who College Board has been talking to in higher ed, but from what I hear (and see) from people I know, writing is one of the most profound skill gaps that faculty see in freshman who simply aren't ready for college level material.

I hardly see how rewriting the SAT is going to help that phenomenon by eliminating the (rather minimal, IMO) benchmark of a timed essay.

Schrödinger's cat walks into a bar. And doesn't.