SATs no longer relevant? This guy doesn't understand averages and percentiles. Perhaps the percentiles corresponding to a certain scores will shift a bit, but the College Board always publishes the percentile charts.

Try telling my 10th grader who will take the SAT on Saturday that they are no longer relevant. If they aren't relevant, then why do 22% of kids who score 2300+ get into Princeton, but the overall admission rate is 8%?

Unless every kid gets the same score, no one can say that everyone does well on them.

I wish they would go back to the old SAT. It measures aptitude (more or less) and that differentiates it from the ACT.

I don't know why so many people think everyone should be "college ready". Why is the College Board so upset that only 43% are college ready? (I question if a 1550 is college ready, as that means when DD16 was in 7th grade, she was ready.) Try looking back about 50 years and see how many folks had college degrees - about 10%. College is supposed to be for higher learning, not to get a useless degree in something that ends in "Studies".