I am not a native speaker of English. Actually my native language has the longest distance from English linguistically. You all probably can take a guess. But I prepared GRE by memorizing a book of words. I got 96% in the verbal section
Thank you for sharing your lived experience and viewpoint that not being from the majority culture in the USA need not be an insurmountable hurdle to academic success. Many advocate for more access to world language courses, and learning of other cultures, in the USA.

most of my friends who took the GRE with me found the math section laughably easy. It was hard for us to believe that any graduate program thinks that is an effective screening tool.
You do not mention your major nor the major of the others who took GRE with you... suffice it to say, students may study many different areas, not everyone has an equally strong interest in or affinity for math... the world needs people with expertise in many areas. It is good to have a test which distinguishes the relative strength amongst students, including the best of the best (for example 790 vs 800), in any given area.