I read one of Amen's books and wish I could get both of my kids a SPECT scan. Is that what they are talking about now in the news when they say there's now a brain scan for ADHD?

Studies that state medication does not work for ADHD seem absurd to me in light of our experiences with DD. When she's not medicated, she does things like smear poop on the wall like a 2 year old. Draw on the walls, sneak things, destroy things for no reason, etc. If I take her out, I fear she will run out into the road like a toddler and get hit by a car. If I put her on the computer and have her practice her math facts, she would do horribly without the meds but all of a sudden medicated, she can remember then all? When she's on meds no one would ever guess she has a disorder. It's that extreme. I suspect that in extreme cases of ADHD, the meds unquestionably benefit most kids but they don't make nearly as much difference in those with mild ADHD (and it's probably not worth the risk to use them). The mild cases are also probably the kids that appear Ok after 3 years because they've "outgrown" it.