Originally Posted by MumOfThree
Second child, who actually DOES have ADHD, she has the classic jaw dropping "OMG is this the same child?" response to medication, that medication worked for her was blindingly obvious right from the first half hr of the first tablet... Stimulants might make studying or staying awake easier for most folks but they don't radically change focus, bodily control, etc the way it does for my DD (who also can't reliably stay dry off medication, has radically different handwriting on and off medication, and various other things).

Yep, that's what we see with DD, although very low doses of meds don't make much of a difference (or only last a couple hours). Adults who DON'T have ADHD talk about getting a high or ramped up feeling from stimulants, kind of like you'd get on high doses of caffeine, but DD acts "high" when she is not medicated (kind of like a happy drunk) and calm when she is. Does your DD have dysgraphia? I'm wondering if meds would somehow help DS with his handwriting (if he also has ADHD). I know a significant percentage of people with ADHD have handwriting issues.