Originally Posted by MumOfThree
CNN - when I say she can't dress herself I mean that I physically have to do it myself, usually after 10-15 minutes of trying to get her into doing it herself. And she's harder to dress than my 3 yr old because she doesn't pay enough attention to assist the process. She could dress herself perfectly at 2, when getting dressed was exciting, undies on the right way, zippers... It's not that she has motor or direction problems, it's attention.

Some days were like that with my DS, and others involved repeated reminders that culminated in yelling, and resulted in he and his sister being late for school. Both kids had horrible late records, but this has now been resolved.

I had several professionals tell me to medicate, and the school principal HOUNDED me for months and months. (Only my pediatrician was reluctant - she suspected that there were other things going on, and that DS was a bad candidate for stimulants because of his tics and the fact that he's underweight. She suggested Strattera in passing one day but agreed with me that we should wait).

I just couldn't bring myself to do it, even though one of my friend's kids is currently thriving on Strattera and did really well on Biphenton (similar to Concerta - methylphenidate). It just didn't feel right for my son... I can't explain why, nor can I judge or analyze different decisions made by other parents (lol - I've been made to feel like a bad, neglectful mom for not medicating, so I'm a little defensive - isn't it funny the way, at the end of the day, we're all in the same boat - under the microscope smile )

Last edited by CCN; 10/04/13 07:34 AM.