Hmmm, DD has had the exact opposite. She has been on Adderall and Concerta before (not at the same time), and there have been times when we either forgot to give her her pill or I ran out, or we just decided to stop and try something else at a later date. The effects have been awful. The day of the missed drug she starts to get "happy" and also has lost focus. But it's the second day that's really bizarre. She becomes euphoric (mind you, this is on no meds) and acts like a drunk person. And extremely hyperactive. It's like she's "on something" even though this is what happens when we take her off. I remember taking her to a store and she was shrieking with glee and everyone was staring at us. She was overly happy 10 times over. This is the opposite of what Adderall abusers say happens when they stop.
I do also have to say that both Adderall and Concerta seemed to make DD moody when she was on them, which is why we stopped them. She is doing great on Daytrana, even though chemically, it's the same stuff as Concerta. Adderall was the worst for DD--she seemed slightly neurotic or psychotic on it.
I'm not sure what would happen if we stopped the Daytrana patch, but I'm guessing in 2 days she would be euphoric and drunk, just like what happened with Concerta and Adderall.