Also, I get what you are saying that stimulants don't "only work for people who have ADHD", thats clearly just absurd, but on the flip side i do think what they do to people with and without ADHD is different. We have tried two children on Ritalin (because my eldest was incorrectly diagnosed with ADD before correctly being diagnosed with AS). Eldest child was maybe mildly different but it was certainly not clear enough to her, or us, that it was doing anything and we stopped pretty fast (2 weeks tops). Second child, who actually DOES have ADHD, she has the classic jaw dropping "OMG is this the same child?" response to medication, that medication worked for her was blindingly obvious right from the first half hr of the first tablet... Stimulants might make studying or staying awake easier for most folks but they don't radically change focus, bodily control, etc the way it does for my DD (who also can't reliably stay dry off medication, has radically different handwriting on and off medication, and various other things).