Ditto the above sentiments - I enjoy these stories. I hadn't given much thought to GT family characteristics. Though I'll likely miss the mark, I'll give it a shot...

My mother is one of 8 kids (family of farmers in IL). My mom wishes someone had encouraged her to go to college. None of her siblings attended college. I was a bossy youngster. I didn't recognize how bright my mom (a legal secretary) is. She's an introvert and will let inaccurate assumptions about her slide.

I don't know my father, so I can't comment on him.

DH's parents are toxic and make some of the news stories look tame. DH took care of (tried to feed etc.) his 4 younger brothers, but he had to leave home at 15. DH worked 3 jobs during his time at UC Berkeley. He's not doubt HG+, but a biological illness + emotional baggage makes life difficult for him. Depression is an ugly beast.

One of DH's brothers is MG but the other 3 (I think) are ND - I could be wrong though.

DH wasn't tagged as GT in school (would change elementary schools 3-5x/year). However, I was tagged as GT in elementary school, and I'm not as smart as DH. I'm not sure why I was in the GT program. To this day I still don't get it.

DS2.5 is some flavor of GT, but I'm not sure what yet. Time will tell. I'd rather him be ND (w/o DH's depression) than HG+ (w/ DH-type depression).

I hope I didn't offend anyone.