I've always wondered about the studies putting kids in high-SES homes. Although it's probably splitting hairs...but I wonder if the IQ is not changing, rather the environment is allowing them to reach their potential. What you are measuring is increasing but whatever biological processes which make up IQ is not. I also think this more applicable at the lower end. You can take a kid scoring in the 80s and put in a better home (nutrition, love, exposure) and get an IQ of 100. It was shown that if those kids are put back in the original environment, IQ drops once again (that was done in Polish orphanages I believe) but you won't take a 120 kid and get them to 140.

Am I making any sense? probably not...

Slightly OT: I read or was told, can't remember where so if someone here said it, please feel free to correct me - but I *think* I read that scores while initially low on SBV, are now increasing. The speculation is that the company which produces the SBV, also produces educational materials which is helping kids to score better on SBV. I wonder about those Critical Thinking Co programs which state raises scores on SBV, WISC, etc. I also think the longer the test is in use, questions start to leak out. Someone offered to tell me some info about the WISCIV and I absolutely refused to hear it. I wasn't even sure of what she was going to tell me but I figured w/ all my reading on the internet, I'd have found what she was going to tell anyhow if it was on the up and up. KWIM?

That is to say, the supposed increase in IQ (I've read only 3pts) from breastfeeding is within the error of the test.