But GT parents sometimes have ND kids, too. Yes, GTness tends to run in families, but there's no guarantee. Even if the child in question is ND and his mom and dad are HG+, you can't assume that he would have been GT if he hadn't been in daycare. There are just too many unknowns.

And while I'm a big fan of breastfeeding whenever it's possible for the mom to do, I'm thinking that a 10% increase in IQ for breast milk and a 10% for moving with the baby seems overstated. I've heard the former cited as fact (though with different numbers) but never with any supporting evidence; the latter is new to me, and I'm not sure I completely buy either one of them.

Breastfeeding and moving with a baby are good for kids. But a 20% cumulative IQ increase? Hmmm... That means a kid with a 120-125 IQ at birth--vanilla GT, though not generally eligible for most GT programs--would be "made" into DYS material. I'm not really buying it.

It just sounds to me like another excuse to send moms on a guilt trip. "You, too, could have a GT child, but you didn't do enough!" Ick. I think there are too many of those already.

I may have to stop posting to this thread. The anti-feminist tone is making me break out into hives!

Kriston