Originally Posted by Wren
And I do not to diminish anyone who really has to work. This is a tough economy.

My point is that people who CHOOSE to work--not just those who HAVE to work for economic reasons--should not be guilt-ed. Every person, every family is different. It's no one's place to judge the choices made by others (provided those choices are legal!).

Feminism to me is about trying to ensure that there are MORE choices for women and families, not fewer. Anything that seems to try to limit or judge as "bad" or "wrong" the choices of others is going to set off my anti-feminism detector, and I'm going to speak up.

And I am a SAHM, so it's not like I'm taking this personally. I just think that daycare is not by definition evil and that parents don't need to feel more guilt for doing what they think is best overall for their families. It's not unforgiveable selfishness to want to have a career and a family.

I'd love to see improvements in child care in this country so that both kids and parents are better off, but now I'm really going off-topic...

Kriston