Thanks for all the great resposnes. FYI, just met the kid on Saturday. He is in a different class than DD, so my input was just from the mother. We sort of discussed and yes, it could be denial as the father sounded quite brilliant.

The other child, the one who is 2 months younger, I know pretty well as DD and he were in the same playschool last year and we share one of the junior teachers as babysitter.

And it is interesting that I never expected much in the early years, thought I would work and have a nanny, circumstances were that we both took time off to travel and then pregnant. But it is interesting how many high powered lawyers and investment bankers, doctors, dentist are taking the time off now in the early years (at least in NYC). Hence the question. It is like, you can always make money (as I have recently gone back to work) but you can't get those early years back and the investment made in their brain development is priceless (mastercard my apologies).

It is like the 10% increase in IQ if you breastfeed 9 months. 10% increase in IQ if you dance or walk with them daily. (So they get the rhytmic movement).

But it was just a casual observation, not writing any thesis.

Ren