Originally Posted by Pemberley
What search criteria did you use to finally get results?

One thing to keep in mind is that some spec ed lawyers are good at brokering deals (like the one our consultant is trying to iron out for us) and some prefer a more hard-core approach. The latter could cost you literally 10x as much as the former. Try to have an idea in your own mind what you are interested in achieving before you talk to them. I don't think you are in OOD territory yet but more in need of someone who will "keep them honest". Hopefully you will get an initial session free or for a reasonable fee and you can feel them out.

I actually started using names of hearing officers in the area as a search term and just kept playing around. Oh and I came across this site http://odr-pa.org/due-process/hearing-officer-decision/ and searched there. There is actually very little from I could find so I guess they are more prone to settle things.

Both firms advertise free consultations and they both actually have high reviews.

Try to have an idea in your own mind what you are interested in achieving before you talk to them. I don't think you are in OOD territory yet but more in need of someone who will "keep them honest".
Good advice. I think I'll say something exactly like this to them when I consult with them. Thank you Pemberley, I know you have BTDT with a lot of this already so I appreciate your help. Our kids both seem to have very similar issues too.

Last edited by Irena; 04/21/13 06:50 PM.