Irena,

I am soooo sorry this is becoming such a mess. I second everything DeeDee said in the post above it - no matter how insane and nuts and illegal and ill-intentioned everyone else gets, you need to remain reasonable and simply stick with it.

You'd asked about scribing earlier - fwiw, our ds never received a scribe even though we were told by his neuropsych he should have a scribe in 2nd grade. It was simply something we were never going to get in our school, and I've never seen another child provided with one here. I didn't spend much time worrying about this - and part of it may be because our dd was a few years older than yours when he was diagnosed - but from the start I felt it was really important to get the tools into ds' hands to help him become independent rather than depending on a scribe. So our ds started out with an AlphaSmart at school during 3rd grade and eventually transitioned to a laptop. It took a *long* time and a lot of advocating just for that, but it was a battle we were able to win. While the advocating was going on at school ds was using a laptop at home (as well as having me scribe for him)... but the key was, we had him start typing and practicing right away after his diagnosis. Regardless of what's happening at school with the scribe, this is one thing you can be doing at home now for your ds, letting him get comfortable with using a laptop or an iPad or whatever, and giving him some type of "work" (which can be something fun) that includes typing. Don't force him to learn touch-typing, let him develop his own typing system. Don't worry that it's not lightning fast - chances are even if it's slow (which our ds' typing speed is, still)... it will be faster than handwriting plus it will free up his working memory while writing once he's used to it.

And, fwiw, as epoh mentioned, I'd consider taking him out of school for the moment while things are so incredibly contentious. If you're being told not to communicate with his teacher, that's a huge potential issue. I am not advocating that you withdraw him from school, simply just keep him home (like you would if he was sick) and let the school know why you're keeping him home - let them know he'll return to school as soon as you're allowed to communicate directly with his teacher (or he's moved to a different class if you're ok with that)... we did this tactic with our dd who has extensive food allergies when she was in early elementary and the school was trying to force us to accept a non-safe situation for her, and it was very effective. The schools don't want to risk losing a warm body in the classroom which counts toward state funding.

Best wishes,

polarbear