Thanks all for your advice, support and thoughts. I never imagined I would have this trouble. I am really shocked by the principal - I had thought he was such a nice kind man in the beginning of the year. I was so wrong.

Originally Posted by Nautigal
MON and HK are full of lovely, wonderful advice. Absolutely do not sign anything, avalanche the principal with "teacher requests" (class party, looking for kid's boots, picking up instead of taking the bus, anything you can think of that you might contact the teacher for, even if you never have), CC the superintendent on every email, and I would add, go to the school board if the superintendent does not get involved very quickly.

If the school board doesn't seem inclined to help, mention (and then follow up with) the state board of education.

Media can be a useful tool in moving mountains, as well. Ha, ABQ just beat me to the punch. smile

So should I get the superintendent by cc'ing him on the recent issues? Or should I wait to see how Special Ed Director is... She's been completely silent despite all of the cc's ... I am told she will be attending the upcoming IEP mtg.