Another option is to get their waiver notarized/signed/witnessed by another attorney after you make appropriate CHANGES to that document. That is, agree to what you agree to, and use a line-item delete for the rest.

Include a specific rebuttal that includes my phrase that pays above. That is, make it clear that you "cannot agree to waive my child's full spectrum of rights to additional evaluation/appropriate services in order to agree to the treatment recommended re: {district physician} on {vision problem}."

I'd also ask them specifically-- in writing, again-- to consult with the feds about this matter in particular. You signing a waiver of your child's rights is in no way a legal substitute for a simple consent to a treatment plan.

Oooo, this makes me mad. mad They are strong-arming you, and they know it and so do you, and now they are giving you the middle finger over it when you called them on it. Nasty, nasty tactics. As someone else noted, the only way that it gets worse than this is when they bring in the bottom-feeder type attorneys to act as henchmen. Well, that and when the adults involved opt to use the child in question directly as a proxy for their aggression. Been through that. It's ugly. {shudder} Personally, when our administrator told my daughter's teacher (we're in a virtual charter, recall) to quit calling her, that kind of crossed that line for me.

If you have any other schooling options, I might well consider how much worse it will need to get before you exercise them. Keep that information very private, but have the discussion.

Schrödinger's cat walks into a bar. And doesn't.