Originally Posted by celit
He is in counseling for underachievement due to his visual-spatial learning style (which is the opposite of the linear-sequential style in most classrooms). And a learning style is not an LD, but we are not giving up.

celit, I don't know your ds or enough background on the situation to really have any advice on what's happened with his teacher. I was curious about this note about counseling though - my 2e kids are both visual-spatial - my EG ds is *extremely* visual spatial in his thinking style. And I do understand that school academics are usually put together with a different type of learner in mind... but I'm curious why you think this has led to underachievement and why he's in counseling because of it? It's never been an issue with achieving in school for my kids (as far as I can tell)... my kids *are* 2e and they LD challenges which the Eides write about occurring in people who are also often visual-spatial, but the challenges for them in school aren't that they are visual-spatial, they are related to their LDs. So just curiousity - feel free to ignore my question if you want to!

Best wishes,

polarbear

Last edited by polarbear; 01/11/13 02:13 PM.