I think that the real issue here is about uncensored speech and the fact that one member has decided to be the morality police for all of us. I don't like that, and I'm concerned that the board is experiencing a crisis that it might not recover from. Sure, the board may continue if this isn't resolved, but in a bowdlerized way that will have destroyed the qualities that have made it so special in the past.

Censorship is insidious. It can creep up on you, and before you know it, the damage is done. In this case, it's being presented with a smiling, loving face. Don't offend anyone is presented so reasonably...but it isn't reasonable. It isn't reasonable to give one person --- who has no official position with the DI --- the rights to tell everyone else what to say and how to say it. The loving face is really just a mask hiding ugly efforts by a bully to control us. Worse, whoever this person is, s/he's hiding behind PMs so that none of us can see the full extent of what s/he's trying to do. Coward!

This person's effort is the real problem here (not someone's tagline). IMO, a good way to end censorship and bullying is to expose the ugliness of both in public. So I'll say it loud to the mystery morality cop: I THINK YOU'RE A BULLY.