Have we considered that the mere discussion or notion that our children are gifted, some even more than others, is offensive to some. The entire Identification and Testing subforum could be offensive.

Sometimes people get offended because of reasons beyond the poster's control. I'm leaning towards Lucounu's thoughts but I would like to add that the reader must also bring honest interpretation and intentions to the conversation. If you go looking for a fight, you're going to find one. If someone came here to argue that giftedness is poppycock and a way for upper middle class rich white folk to claim their kids are superior, we certainly wouldn't change our posts to make room for that person to feel welcome. At least... I wouldn't.

I found the signature funny. Just like when we ask questions like "How can a child so smart, still run into a sliding glass door?" It made me chuckle, since my son is desperate to be a tap dancer, not an idea but a real tap dancer. But he is very clearly an elephant and sounds like such in our garage!