Originally Posted by La Texican
I do like the alternative medicine. �I like that it starts with a healthy diet and fresh air and exercise. �I try the least invasive solutions first and try to help the body help itself. �I just gave birth in a jacuzzi with a midwife because I could. �I would have been grateful for modern science if there was an emergency. �I try to raise my kids as natural as possible.

Here's the thing, though - these things are actually recommended by medicine, barring the midwife, and that's not even really off-the-wall that much. I'm talking about the stuff such as attempting to treat cancer with large doses of vitamins or pumping chelation solutions into your kid to try to 'cure' their autism. That is what I refer to.

Ever heard of natural products chemistry? You'll find that a lot of the stuff we have in medicine comes from nature.

I sort of agree with you about nuts being a nuisance. �I don't like the nuts that are just a little off, only in their head. �I love the totally nuts that act it out, like the people that hike the Appalachian trail or learn to fly on trapeze. �And it's just personal taste, but I love old hippies. �Their hearts are huge.

I'm talking more about the unhealthy sort of nut.

I'll bet chemistry is a really fun project. � �Sounds like you're getting a kick out of it. �I don't like hearing your classmates aren't paying attention. �Maybe that's why they keep recalling batches of Tylenol off the shelves.

And about half of them want to be pharmacists. (I'm the only one who plans to go to graduate school.)

Seriously, next time one of them says 'lol i want 2 go 2 pharm skool' I'm going to tell them 'Fat chance, sucker, you can't even make aspirin'.