Originally Posted by Cricket2
I didn't catch that anyone even alluded to this forum over on MDC although I did post one or two responses on the long thread in Q&S before it got locked. My user name is different over there, though, so you might not recognize me wink.

You're not hard to figure out. wink No, I don't think anyone there mentioned this forum.

I guess I am just very disappointed because a lot of people (including moderators) have been expressing their feelings that those of us who post in the gifted forum over there are trying to separate ourselves from the rest of MDC, that we incorrectly think other people cannot relate to our problems, that we think we are better than others, etc., etc. I mean, I know that there are crazy people out there, and I know to take those crazy comments with a grain of salt. But these are intelligent, thoughtful women who are committed to inclusive, open discussion. Women who, as members of the attachment parenting movement, ought to know what it feels like to be marginalized.

I just feel like if people like that can't accept the fact that we exist without having their feelings hurt or accusing us of being elitist, it's hopeless. frown

So I guess I am hoping there is some way to overcome this. I don't want to isolate myself away from the non-gifted world. But I also really dislike the idea of going to a place that is all-inclusive except for gifted issues.