I agree to a large extent our schools have a long way to go. I would love for my kids to be in public school full-time, if it would work. Our Superintendant is in the dark ages when it comes to his teaching model. Hopefully it will begin to improve more with our new Director of Curriuclum. There aren't any private school within a half-hour of us that are any better.

It's sad that with NCLB we are failing as a nation. Last I saw in reading "U.S. students posted a lower average score than students in Russia, Hong Kong, Singapore, Luxembourg, Hungary, Italy and Sweden, along with the Canadian provinces of Alberta, British Columbia and Ontario". We don't want to discuss math.

Sadly my DH and I "lost" what we considered dear friends over this when we decided to partially enroll and homeschool. They can't understand why our public school isn't "good enough" for our kids. No matter how I tried to emphasize that this is what's right for OUR children, and to avoid discussing schooling in general whenever possible it was a topic that they couldn't overcome. I now try to avoid being asked the question whenever possible.

I meet with our Director of Curriculum twice a year to discuss my children and to see if there are any changes in policies or programs that they might benefit from. Maybe some day soon we will see some.

EPGY OE Volunteer Group Leader