Originally Posted by master of none
The parent who had been telling me all about her dds tutoring to keep her on grade level, hasn't spoken to me since, and I doubt ever will again. But, I think that's more that maybe she felt deceived and if I had chimed in about my kids from the start, it might have gone better.

I hear you. That's why I try to tell the relevant people if I think I can get away with it. (Which I can't a lot of the time.)

It's really a "darned if you do and darned if you don't" situation. But to me, it's kind of like the philosophy I had for dating WAAAAAAAY back in the day: I'd rather be up-front and lose them fast rather than waste my time with someone who will hate me for who I am once they see the real me. It just saves time to be real from the start.

Being outgoing introverts makes it easier. DS7 and I are friendly and social enough that people seem to enjoy us, but ultimately we don't really care all that much about whether they do or not. wink

I have a handful of true friends with GT kids though, and that makes a big difference. The parents get along, the kids get along, and I feel like I can be myself and talk openly with them about what we're going through. I really feel for anyone who doesn't have that. If I could only talk to the grandparents, I'd feel really isolated.

My heart goes out to those of you in that situation! frown

Kriston