I have felt very isolated with my ds.

However he is so obviously quirky, different and high maintainance that I have lost count of how many times I have been told, "I didn't realise bright kids were such hard work." Other mums generally feel very sorry for me! School is such a bad fit right now that all the other kids are coming home every night to report on what he has done that day.

Interestingly the other mum who I can really discuss things with has a child with developmental delay who I am helping research a diagnosis with. She really helps and listens. It is the only time I get to reveal what he is capable of.

This morning he was racing around the playground shouting out numbers that were friends and not friends when out came the headmaster. He said to me that the other day ds had wandered down to his office to complain that he was bored! He then complained that i wouldn't answer some questions, did he know?

One of the questions was:
"How much hot liquid do you need to put in a freezer to defrost its contents and how long would it take?"

Just wondering when the school is going to help make some accommodations for him