I've been debating the same thing about a similarly bad teacher. DS's current teacher is fine but the last teacher was not, and I don't think she understands at all why we pulled him out mid-year. She has probably figured out so many ways to put us down to her co-workers and make us look like the bad guys. DD is still in the school, but DD is going to be out of there as well at the end of the school year. I haven't said anything (except for a very brief conversation at the time that I pulled him) because I fear retaliation on DD or that there would be negative consequences somehow. But now that we will be done w/ the school for good, I am debating what to do. I told everything to the principal and someone in administration but I don't think they took it seriously or reprimanded/talked to her. If they did, the teacher probably played innocent and figured out how to twist it around. I so badly want to at least email her and tell her how wonderfully DS is doing now that he isn't in that class and toxic school anymore, how badly she handled things (she was really passive aggressive) and how his new teacher did thorough assessments and is giving him very challenging work, plus helping him with writing which he strugges with. (The old teacher had said that any work above a first grade level would be unnecessary despite the high WISC, Woodcock Johnson, etc).

In terms of you, I would suggest waiting at least til the end of the year when he no longer needs to deal with that teacher, but there is a gossip mill and if she is hostile who knows how it will affect your relationship with future teachers. On the other hand, if parents never say anything or complain, nothing ever changes and people never see the light. I'm so annoyed that people like this are even in the teaching profession. And there are even worse teachers who never get fired or lose their jobs because of tenure and contracts.