Thanks for all the input. I had a discussion with the school psych last year and she went in and observed DD for about a half hour and concluded she was fine. But DD's medication was probably working when she observed, or the type of task that DD was doing at the time wasn't something that she struggles with. I explained to the school psych that DD does much better on meds than without meds (without meds there would be NO question that she has a disability and wouldn't be able to function in school). I know that according to new guidelines they need to assess her in terms of how she is without any modifications made to the disability, like meds. But how do they assess her if she is going into school medicated? Even though she is better on meds, I would still want some accommodations (like giving her more time) because she is still not quite right. But whether they would consider her significantly impaired while the medication is working, maybe, maybe not. Plus, who knows how long she will be on meds and whether they are working for her at all times of the school day. They are probably not working when she first shows up for school, for instance.

Sometimes I think I should just let it go, but then DD brings home spelling tests with words left blank, saying she can't keep up with the teacher. The teacher told her that she needs to work faster, and that should be her "behavior goal" (even though she said DD appears focused). I feel that unless we get something in writing, we are going to have ongoing issues with every single teacher, esp. as the work gets more involved or complex.