Originally Posted by JonLaw
Originally Posted by Cricket2
Of course, as a Mensa member, I may be more sensitive to comments about adults not joining clubs based on IQ wink . Mensa has over 50,000 members in the US, so some of us have obviously found something other than bragging rights from joining. Most of my acquaintances, co-workers, etc. aren't aware that I'm a member, though. I don't go around wearing Mensa logo attire.

Mensa always struck me as a group for unfocused intelligent underachievers.

Otherwise, you would be getting sufficient intellectual stimulation from your professional peers and, therefore, not have a reason to join Mensa.

I'm not a Mensa member. I have thought about joining the Triple Nine Society - I noticed they have a LinkedIn group and I'm somewhat bored, in general. I don't currently belong to any high I.Q. groups.

Wow. That was harsh. What sort of career would one need to be in to get this intellectual stimulation you speak of?
I'm a stay at home mom. I don't even have professional peers and a lot of SAHMs don't. Are we underachieving? Am I supposed to magically find another mama on the playground who wants to have deep philosophical conversations with me while we watch our kids play on the jungle gym?