I know several people now who have done the assessment online and all are happy they did- even if it only confirmed testing results they already had. I don't know anyone who was disappointed or frustrated. So for that alone, I think it's worth it to give some parents peace of mind. So often new parents are told they exaggerate, overestimate or are just too proud to see their kids as they really are. This is a way (if one is honest) to look and say "Okay I wasn't totally wrong." I see it more as a way to rule in, not rule out. Anyone who does it and comes out "not gifted" or whatever the output is, should not consider that the end all be all. Just as anyone who comes out "Level 3" or whatever, should not consider it done either. It's just a step in the road.

I appreciate Ruf's Levels because it was the first book I read that really laid out that it's not gifted vs. non-gifted. So much other literature for parents on the subject (not academic research) is simply a yes or no. When you have a kid that doesn't fit the box yes and doesn't fit the box no, you need more info. I just consider Ruf to have more info.