Originally Posted by no5no5
I used it, but didn't pay for it; I beta tested. I did not get more information than I'd gotten from Ruf's book, and in fact, I feel that I got less.

As I said before, I used Ruf's levels to persuade DH that DD has unusual abilities. Since he has little experience with NT kids, he believed that DD was typical, despite her level 4/5 milestones. (I think he still has trouble understanding how advanced she is, but at least he's convinced that she's gifted.) As a list of milestones, I found it to be a helpful, if extremely limited, piece of information. As an online test, I found it to be pretty ridiculous. smile

If the online assessment is completed by only providing a list of your child's milestones to Dr. Ruf for her to read through, then I'd say no, it's not worth it. It was most definitely the combination of her history form (which asked for details of developmental milestones as well as medical history and educaitonal history), the personality profiles(of our son and both parents) and SB-5 testing that provided us with meaningful information. Our son does not fit the level 4 developmental milestones precisely but yet was placed as a level 4 by Dr. Ruf due to his test scores and math-specific ability as well as specific developmental markers. His milestones alone placed him at a level 2/3.

I have to agree that the website is a bit off-putting to me. I don't think I would have gone to Dr. Ruf had I seen that site first. We went based on feedback from others who had seen her and found it beneficial. I believe in the advice to test when you have questions and get the testing that will answer those questions. For some, Dr. Ruf can provide those answers. It's just not for everyone.
Just my 2 cents.