Thanks for the comments - I, too, have some hesitancy about the LOG descriptions. DD6 tested at 139, which places her at Level 3 or 4, but many of the bullets on each list don't seem to describe her. I also don't remember how alert she was at birth, as she screamed for the entire first 8 months of her life (until she figured out how to walk), and I was too busy trying to figure out what was wrong with her! Her sister was born when DD was 13 months old, so those first couple of years are pretty much a blur. *I* wasn't very alert myself!

Anyway, DD has never been that interested in traditionally "academic" pursuits - she's learning to read only slightly ahead of the "norm" (I'd estimate 1-2 years above grade level) and was never that interested in learning her letters, etc. as a toddler. However, by ages 3-4 she had a massive vocabulary and was asking complex questions about evolution, sex, and religion - questions I don't know if many people EVER contemplate. But she certainly wasn't adding 3 digit numbers in her head or working with fractions just for fun. So after reading Ruf's book, I have often wondered if the testing was wrong??

It makes me feel better to hear some of your opinions regarding the LOG issue....thanks for your thoughts! :-)