Coconut - I'm pretty surprised by your comments about Boulder Country Day - we've been there for 6 years and I can definitely say that my daughter doesn't do 21 days of math (were you in the preschool perhaps?) I'd say in general it operates at a grade level above the better public schools in the area for their normal curriculum in elementary school and easily accommodates SOME differentiation with the 16 students in class. It's by no means perfect. My daughter was about 5 grade levels higher in reading when we joined, and while they did differentiate - it wasn't great (it certainly didn't help that I frankly didn't want her grade skipped or with kids that much older for a reading group) They have had an easier time with math, where she's only 2ish grade levels higher. I would also say that as you progress through the school, there is MORE differentiation. The middle school is fantastic and they're operating at an incredibly high level. Most of the students I know that have gone on to the IB programs at Niwot and Fairview claim that high school is EASIER than middle school.

They do have a lot of emphasis on specials - french, art, music and latin. I think it's great. But if you are looking for the three Rs and little else, it's a horrible fit. I was attracted to the diverse curriculum, but I understand people are all looking for something different.