I have some students at Peak 2 Peak and at Hulstrom. I've heard good things about both, but cannot speak from my own experience. I've also heard mixed about Aspen Creek and good things about Friends, Ricks and Logan School.
Stargate being an accelerated school....With up to 26 kids in a class and 1 teacher, it is very difficult to individualize instruction and have individual learning plans. Stargate, like most of the public schools in CO, almost exclusively teaches to the all important CSAP exams. The time element alone, does not allow for any differentied curriculum, challenge and creativity that many of these gifted kids need. Also, Stargate has a difficult time holding on to directors - most don't stay for longer than a year...I think they are on their 14th one.....
What both of my sons were taught at RMS (except this past year) was amazing! Much depends upon the teacher. I was once told by an educator....a school is only as good as its teachers and director.

Apparently there is a law that says the public schools can no longer discriminate - and they are not allowed to admit students by test scores and must use a lottery system for ANYONE who wants to go there. I know this is the issue with Westgate - it was designed for twice exceptional, BUT anyone can go there. It is now a lottery system. Not sure what Stargate is currently doing in regard to this law.
Let me know if I can help in any other way.

PS. Most importantly for the younger grades, the smaller classes of a private school I feel are very benefical. You are treated as a person and not as a number. Dawson seems to do this very well - making each kid (and family) feel special as did RMS - but that's what you pay the big bucks for......