The financial troubles would be a good thing to keep in mind. It would be very frustrating to get all set to go there and have it fall through at the last minute as happened to Mom2boys. Perhaps, though, the troubles will provide an opportunity to get a lower tuition rate. The full price is just *so* high, I'm not sure how we could make it work. The small classes are probably a good thing since the kids are supposed to get individualized learning.

Mom2boys, are you referring to the Westgate charter school? I had heard a bit about it but I never looked into it much since it is out of our district. Do you know if they are accepting out of district kids?

Do either of you know of other well regarded schools for GT kids? Our district's GT school is Hackberry Elementary (jeffco), but I have heard poor reviews of the non GT part of the school (its not a great area) which make me nervous about sending my sensitive DD there. We don't have any GT-only charters in our district. I have heard great things about Alexander Dawson, but its tuition is even more ridiculous than RMS. We also looked at Peak 2 Peak, but didn't get in since we are out of district. I'm also not sure about their gifted program since we had not tested DD at that point. Stargate is wait listing their in district kids, so out of district is again out of luck.

This whole ordeal has been frustrating. It should not be this hard to find an appropriate education for a child. It seems you either have to have *a lot* of money, or live in the right district and get lucky to win the school lottery. We have actually been considering moving just to get to a better district.

We currently have DD enrolled in a parochial school, but again had not had her tested when we enrolled and have not approached them yet about accommodations. I'm not even sure what to ask them for. I don't want to grade skip her; I really want her to have the half day for play time. But I have no idea how they could provide appropriate work in a K classroom...