Thanks Branwen! I'm going to go have a tour with the principal on friday. My only option would have been to take all 3 kids to the open house alone, and that would have been far too insane.

I'm worried about the full day K thing...I really, really want half day K for my DD, mostly because I just want more time with her. They said I could put down a deposit to hold a place for her for 1st grade though, so I will at least consider that.

The administrator initially misunderstood me when I was speaking with her and thought I wanted to skip DD into 1st and said they could assess her and if it was a good fit they would do it. It kind of got me wondering...? Maybe I'm just insane trying to keep her in K? I really wanted her to have the play time, you know? But she's reading 4th grade books and does 1st grade math easily. I have no idea how she could begin to fit in to her traditional K class we have lined up, even *with* separate reading groups. But then I swing back to thinking "she's not *all that*, you know"...and a 3 hour class is mostly about play anyway, right? Sigh. This stuff is driving me nuts...

So I'm crossing my fingers that it will look like a good fit at least for 1st if not for K. smile