Hi sdrothco,

Are you moving ahead then with Broomfield? If so I do hope to see you later this week. Send me a private message if you want to meet up.

Based on what you have mentioned about your DD 1st sounds like an appropriate fit. I was nervous because now my DD will be a year ahead going into K and making a choice like this is staging for a year skip all the way through. All I know is that looking at the other K's, even in private schools, reading is not an expectation, and that was not going to work for us. She writes and invents her own words! This last year at Montessori was a regression and I am starting to understand more and more that challenge and stimulation is intimately linked with a HG child's social and emotional well being. She is already starting to hide her talents, and she was in a multi-age classroom! So all of this combined with my gut I do think skipping is the right thing for my DD. It was a major philosophical shift for me because I had read the book The Hurried Child and was totally freaked out about rushing and pushing my kid. I have come to understand that those philosophies and gifted stuff are not opposing. Part of the shift was also that I also know my limits as a parent. While both my DH and I have lots of gifted traits personally, when she comes to me out of desperation wanting to learn something that we don't have a particular background in, I worry that at a certain point we won't be able to accommodate her needs holistically...anyway, the skipping thing is always on my mind and we'll see how this year goes!