Hi, I am new here so I hope you don't if I chime in. First, I am so sorry for parents at RMSG. What a loss to the community. Good luck to those families.

I have heard only wonderful things about Broomfield Academy. I was a little taken aback by the appearance of the school and lack of facilities and resources.

My daughter attended Boulder Country Day School for three years. This school does not accommodate bright children. She was placed at a corner desk and expected to teach herself. The school lacks in so many areas, History, Geography, Science, Writing. I felt that the school was more concerned with appearances and fancy assemblies. The school day is wasted with too many Specials classes and events (Music, Art, Choir, French, Assemblies every Friday) and not enough core work. My daughter only had 21 days of math in an entire school year. Appalling!!!!

My daughter now attends Flagstaff Academy, which is evolving into a top school for bright children. I see from the website docs, although I am not 100 percent sure about this, that all children grades 1-8 will attend math first thing in the morning. This will enable kids above grade level to attend appropriate math classes. Last year the ability grouping appeared to be limited to each grade. Flagstaff's Middle School appears to be struggling, with low CSAP scores in the 5th and 7th grades. The CSAP scores in Writing were moderate not high across all grade levels.

Dawson has an excellent reputation for Middle School and High School. However, the school does not seem to win many awards, if that matters.

Peak to Peak (K-12) and Summit (6-8) are by far the best schools in the area. However, there are thousands of students on the waiting lists for both schools. I heard that 1400 students applied for 22 spots last year. To get in, one parent would need to be employed there, as they give preference to teachers.

Superior Elementary has the highest CSAP scores in the area and does an excellent job with gifted children. I know a boy who remained in his grade for homeroom but was allowed to attend high school (YES!) for math and language.

Hope this helps. Your input has certainly helped me.