We looked at Dawson a few year back b/c they, too, have some financial aid, but it would have been quite a commute for us (we're north a ways). Also, I was unimpressed with a few things: I don't like Everyday Math and neither do dds, which is what they use; the guy who gave us a tour told me that all of the kids wound up in the same spot academically by the end of the school year b/c they did such a good job of getting everyone above grade level which seemed very improbable to me; and they seemed to just have a lot of extra worksheets in the room for kids who were ahead with the assumption that the brighter kids would be the faster workers and they could just give them extra work -- that isn't the case for my kids who work differently not just faster and don't appreciate extra work.

We have no GT programming at all where we live except for some minimal pull-out classes starting in 4th in most of the local schools and in class grouping which isn't much help when you are the only kid in the class who falls at a certain point in terms of ability. We did wind up grade skipping our oldest to middle school this past year and have been happier with the acceleration options in middle school. I have been jealous of the GT charters and programs in the Denver area, but if you can't get in, I guess that they aren't doing what you all need!