Cricket, I am sure that Alexander Dawson does quite a lot of cherry picking of students, so they would probably be very bright overall. But, as you said, it seems doubtful that they would all be at the same level at the end of the year. To me, that indicates that either their students are very homogeneous or the gifted ones aren't being given enough opportunities to grow. And heaping more work on gives no incentive for completing work faster. I know my DD would object to 'more of the same'. Well now I don't feel so badly that I don't have $17K a year for school. wink

We are not in Denver either. It seems there are many more choices down there.

Mom2boys, I will definitely have to look further at Westgate! It would be a bit of a drive, but doable. It sounds like they need more girls. smile Do you have any insight as to how they are choosing the children? Is it first come first served on the wait list, or are they looking for the higher IQs, etc?

Since you are a teacher, you will have much better insight into what would be good school choices than we would. We are sadly lacking in knowledge there. Maybe I am gullible, but I always seem to be swayed by the fancy presentations. smirk Could you please share your thoughts of peak 2 peak and why it wouldn't be a good fit for your DS? Also, are there any other good GT schools in the BVSD? We have considered moving up there, assuming (perhaps erroneously) that the higher socioeconomic level of the area would translate into more GT friendly schools.

How do you learn about the good GT schools of an area when no one you know is even considering them? Its the old problem of "you don't know what you don't know".

Thanks!
Dawn