I found my notes from our first year of homeschooling (between ages 6 and 7) for my son who had handwriting issues, vision issues that I didn't know about yet, and fatigue issues.

Here are some of the things we did:

Piano practice
spelling practice--had him write the words once and also practice orally, sometimes while jumping on a trampoline and using familiar tunes for more difficult to spell words
Used Singapore Math, multiplication and division games, word problems
We watched a lot of science videos and educational shows together
One day I wrote that he had watched a math show about prime factorization and exponents and I didn't make him watch it so I guess there was some interest in math that was at a higher level than what he was working on at the time. I had forgotten this. Math workbooks were a problem for him because of handwriting issues. I had to be his scribe. This is why he learned most of the math he knew doing online math games.
I wrote that he liked to read Cam Jansen books that year and it was easy reading for him. He would also read the adult National Geographic magazine which was a little more challenging. One day I wrote that out of the 143 words in two paragraphs of National Geographic, he made 4 errors. I used to write the words that he asked me to look up for him at the top of each day's page. There were words like paradox, acquittal, indictment, and hyperbole. He saw these words in what he read and was not satisfied to just use context clues. I think this is why his comprehension has always been very high. He wanted to know the exact meaning and etymology of unfamiliar words and I let him take the time to look them up whenever we came across them.
I had him read articles out loud to me from the science and technology section of our newspaper.
I let him take time to figure out math problems his own way and didn't force him to do it the way the book showed it done.
Played Tycoon games and other computer games like Grammar Rock, the Lost in Space Learning Adventures game, I Love Math with lots of word problems and adding fractions, and lots of games that he learned a lot from.
He practiced counting back change and figuring tax
Visited the science museum and dinosaur museum and zoo
I never made him color in the lines or held him back from learning just because he had trouble with handwriting and I gave him plenty of free time to learn what he wanted to learn and I have always read to him and we discuss what we read.
We never used tutors. I had to do the best I could on my own because we didn't have a lot of extra money. My spouse has always supported me in this except he thought it was important for our son to try school. When he saw that it wasn't working for our son he was very supportive.

I might have felt overwhelmed at times but it has all been worth it.