Well, it took me so long to type the last one that there have been a couple more posts in between! (See the perils of gabbiness, minnie!!)

You know, if you're feeling overwhelmed, what I would do is just get a math book (print one of the free MEP ones at CIMT) and pick a few novels you want to read together. Start small. Don't try to figure out every subject at once (I wouldn't even try to figure out if you think you're an unschooler or a classical homeschooler or a Charlotte Mason homeschooler or a unit studies homeschooler or a school-at-homer or whatever); pick two things that you'd like to do every day and leave it at that. See where the journey takes you, and take time to enjoy the scenery! If his health permits, I also think it's lovely to get outside every day--so many of our kids have "nature deficit disorder".

And RJH is quite right about how far ahead our kids are as compared to where they'd be in school anyway--on days when we don't get as much done as I'd like, I think to myself, well, what would they be doing at school in kindergarten (or grade 2) today? That makes me feel better!

peace
minnie