I guess we are a little different - we were thrown into homeschooling because there were no real choices for my DS6 for kindergarten - so we started homeschooling in August this year. We started out with Singapore math and I-Science, Handwriting without Tears along with Core Knowledge curriculum for Science and Social Studies. We battled every day to get work done and neither one of us was enjoying it and we are miserable.....the more I tried to push to do any work, the more he resisted....so after the holidays we began unschooling...which basically means he picks what he would like to pursue during the day and talk about a complete reversal! He is doing more math, science, social studies, art, reading than when I was trying to do a curriculum with him. The other day he designed and made his own Monopoly game board - drew everything, named all the properties, came up with their values and rents and then we played it. He actually got out the dictionary to look up how to properly spell some of the names he wanted on his properties. We are building our own rocket for launching and are learning all about the purpose of the tail fins and how they affect flight. We just planted a huge vegetable garden and are conducting experiments concerning various soils and plant foods. He is learning computer programming. We explore the library on a regular basis. He came up with a plan to help write his own children's book concerning Florida State Parks (he loves to go hiking and kayaking) and he wants to photograph various native plants and animals to make a scavenger hunt for children to complete for each state park in the state....the list goes on. It might not be the best for every family but it sure is a perfect fit for us!