Originally Posted by IronMom
Can anyone else describe how they managed to do what I read Dr. Ruf did - half home school their kid and somehow still got their local school to agree to do afternoon lessons of resources like art, musi?

Our state doesn't allow p/t in PS. I looked at the hs friendly schools listed in the local hs newsletter. Some of the schools are for hs only, some are mixed. Some had a minimum time requirement or/and didn't seem like a good match for us. At the end DS6 ended up in a small private school where he goes for 2 afternoons/week. Their afternoons are pretty much nonacademic. They had hs there before but he is the only one right now. It still works and we are quite happy with the current arrangement. We will try to do the same thing next year. Fingers crossed that they are not full and can accept him.

I would suggest looking into small private schools. You may not have too much luck at this time of the year though. The schools may be more willing to accommodate you once they know how many students are enrolled for the next school year.

LMom