Wow, what an interesting thread. This will truly help me next year when DS4 starts K...or 1 if we skip K. I do know how teachers generally do react to things as I work as a school counselor and work with teachers all day...but this is great advice and also tells me more about how some schools understand scores, etc. I will tell you that I have been in different schools and districts, and many schools have no idea about giftedness, and if they know anything about it at all then they still don't understand that there are such variations within children that are gifted. That's been my experience

And I wanted to reiterate that coloring is fine motor skills training, following directions, and a space filler. And learning colors in pre-k. We don't do tons of it at our school.

I had never seen my DS4 color in a picture, he just scribbled on them. Once when he was not quite 4 I asked him if he knew how to color. he said yes and that he would surprise me and color in a picture. He then spent like 10 minutes coloring in a picture very nicely. I was shocked. I really didn't even know he could color, but it was just that he was uninterested. He even stayed in the lines some.